Monday, July 28, 2008

The Monday Tasting - Dave's Fave

Dave's Fave
The Monday Tasting


Click on the photo to order it now
Domdechant Werner Hochheim Riesling Classic

Domdechant Werner Hochheim Riesling Classic $22

I'm breaking with my self-imposed rule of pouring under-$20 wines on Monday, but it's worth it folks. This little champ is truly one of my personal favorites, I've even been buying it with my own after-tax dollars!

This is a dry Riesling from the Hochheim family, who've been making Riesling on the slopes of the Rhine River in Germany since the late 18th Century. The wine displays pure citrus bite balanced with smooth heft and a long finish. Bring a cold bottle to Captain Scott's, grab a picnic table and order steamed lobster and clams quick! Before the summer rushes by!


If you are not familiar with Cap't Scott's - you don't know what your missing - it's a local best kept secret - check it out HERE

No comments: